Find The Right Policy For Your Watercraft
Boating isn't just a pastime or an investment, it's about having fun on the water! To fully enjoy these moments, it's important to have the right insurance in place. At Hopmeier Evans Gage Agency, we understand that a standard policy or a simple add-on to your Homeowners insurance isn't enough for true peace of mind.
Our tailored boat insurance solutions are crafted with the boat enthusiast in mind. We ensure comprehensive protection that covers not just your watercraft but also you, your family, friends, and your boating gear. With us, your time on the water is both relaxed and worry-free.
Considering the affordability of boat insurance, the value of this protection is clear.
Unsure about what your New York watercraft insurance should include? Let Hopmeier Evans Gage Agency guide you to the perfect coverage for your needs. Contact us today, and set sail with confidence.
Types Of New York Boat Insurance Coverage
- Navigational Area — Know where you are covered in the water. Some insurance companies offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline, into Canadian coastal or inland waters, and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. In California, Florida and Oregon, coverage for additional areas can be purchased.
- Agreed Value Coverage — Water-crafts depreciate just like cars. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that has been stolen or destroyed. This means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
- Liability — Like car insurance, personal liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as for their medical care, lost wages, and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
- Medical Payments — Medical payments coverage will pay for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers, regardless of who is at-fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage — Physical damage coverage pays for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer if it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury — Since boat insurance is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal — Should your boat sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance that it could leak oil or fuel into the water. As the boat’s owner, you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects — Your policy can provide coverage for many personal effects, including clothing, jewelry, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling and other sporting equipment, and fishing equipment. Limits vary by state, so check with us for what's required in Washington. Personal effects coverage does not include jewelry, watches or furs.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage — This pays to repair or replace equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft, but is designed for use primarily on a boat. This includes items like lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps, etc.
- Emergency Assistance — The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
Our Agents Can Provide A Free Quote
To get started, head over to our quotes page or call our office, and we'll walk you through the process of getting covered.