Winter is just around the corner, and while we can’t control the weather, we can certainly prevent some icy disasters at home. Trust me, I’ve seen it all. Over the past three years, frozen pipes have caused quite a spectacle, resulting in jaw-dropping claims totaling $600,000, $150,000, and $75,000 in damages. It’s like a winter blockbuster, but without the popcorn.
But fear not! We’re here to save the day and keep your home out of the comedy club. Take a moment to arm yourself with these simple tips to protect your property:
- Insulate Those Pipes:
- Wrap those pipes like you’re prepping them for a snowball fight. Insulation is their warm winter coat.
- Let’s avoid turning your home into an ice skating rink, shall we?
- Keep the Heat On:
- Think of your house as a tropical vacation spot for your pipes. Set the thermostat to a minimum of 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- We don’t want your pipes to catch a chill while you’re sipping margaritas on the beach.
- Shut Off Water Supply:
- Going on a winter adventure? Be a water control master and shut off the main water supply or individual valves.
- Your pipes deserve a break from their underwater ballet routine.
- Drain Outdoor Faucets and Irrigation Systems:
- Disconnect and drain those outdoor hoses. No need to give them a taste of the Arctic!
- Outdoor faucets and irrigation systems need a winter siesta too.
- Call in a Trusty Sidekick:
- Don’t forget to enlist a neighbor or friend to be your home’s superhero assistant.
- They’ll keep an eye out for any potential water misadventures while you’re away.
So, let’s avoid icy antics and the potential water comedy club at your home. Take these preventive measures seriously, and you’ll have a winter season filled with laughter, warmth, and dry floors.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, we’re here to be your comedy relief and insurance superheroes. Reach out to us, and together, we’ll keep the winter shenanigans at bay.
Stay warm, stay dry, and keep the laughter flowing!